czwartek, 4 sierpnia 2011

Homesick prologue

     So I've been working on some roughs for the first pages of Homesick (still wondering whether or not I should keep that title), and I've decided to look through the...uh...prologue that I drew some time ago (2009?). I've removed it from my online galleries, because, frankly, this thing is embarassing to me. Upon finishing the fourteenth page I started hating it so badly that there was nothing left for me to do but to delete it and pretend that it never existed. I was never a writer, but the narration here is terrible even for my standards, the composition of the panels leaves a lot to wish for and it's...just bad overall. And so dumb that it makes me want to facepalm so hard it would break my neck.
     Anyway, I've looked through those pages today and even though they are still as bad as ever, the comic itself somehow isn't /that/ bad. I mean, I've put some work into this thing and maybe it shows at least a little, I don't know, but even though I have no desire to display it on my main pages, I think I owe it a spot at least on my sketch blog. I was tempted to change the font and some mistakes before posting, but...neh, I will keep it in its original form, with Comic Sans and all. If anything, drawing this comic made me realize what kinda-sorta works and what absolutely doesn't- a valuable lesson for the future, without a doubt. So anyway, if anyone even visits this blog, have a laugh:

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz